Has closing the sale moved from being the most difficult part of the process … to the easiest? We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, one of the world’s top sales authorities is back with us to reframe everything we think we know about the purpose of a close. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- What one of my sales heroes, Harry Browne, had to say about closing sales.
- How the sales process has changed to become more collaborative.
- Why the close should be a natural conclusion of the sales interview, rather than its own event.
Interview with Anthony Iannarino
- Why an enterprise sale is different than a sale to a consumer or small business.
- A brief history of the term “close” and how it has changed over time.
- Why the close is the easiest part if you do the rest of the sales process correctly.
- How Neil Rackham’s book, SPIN Selling, inspired Anthony to create his Ten Commitments.
- How to know when you have created sufficient value to ask for the commitment.
- An explanation of the Ten Commitments.
The Ten Commitments
#1: The Commitment for Time
#2: The Commitment to Explore
#3: The Commitment to Change
#4: The Commitment to Collaborate
#5: The Commitment to Build Consensus
#6: The Commitment to Invest
#7: The Commitment to Review
#8: The Commitment to Resolve Concerns
#9: The Commitment to Decide
#10: The Commitment to Execute
Click to Tweet
To be a trusted advisor, you need trust + advice. @iannarino #success #sales Click To Tweet
On this episode, discover the Ten Commitments that drive #sales. @iannarino #business Click To Tweet
#Closing is the easiest part of the #sales process if you do the rest correctly. @iannarino #success Click To Tweet
- The Lost Art of Closing: Winning The Ten Commitments That Drive Sales by Anthony Iannarino
- The Only Sales Guide You’ll Ever Need by Anthony Iannarino
- In The Arena Podcast
- The Sales Blog
- Anthony’s Sunday Newsletter
- Free Resources
- Connect with Anthony on Facebook
- Connect with Anthony on LinkedIn
- Follow Anthony on Twitter