Customer service is important, but the customer experience is really everything. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. And in our interview segment, we’ll talk with Steve Dorfman, one of the foremost experts on how we can dramatically improve the customer experience… of our customers. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- Why consistently bad customer service can ruin a company while good customer service simply keeps that company in the game.
- Specific ways that my favorite restaurant, The Juno Beach Cafe, provides an exceptional customer experience and retains a loyal customer base.
- A special way that Nancy, an awesome waitperson, provides an exceptional customer experience to my Family each week.
Interview with Steve Dorfman
- Why the customer experience isn’t likely to exceed the employee experience.
- Examples of companies known for providing remarkable experiences for both employees and customers.
- Why it’s not the customer’s responsibility to ensure a good customer experience.
- How to know whether you have fallen victim to the mentality of blaming customers.
- Why we must anticipate a customer’s most important needs and do their critical thinking for them.
- How to handle unmet customer expectations.
- The importance of showing empathy to customers.
- The LAST framework for handling a poor customer experience: listen, apologize, solve, thank.
- How to reframe an apology as taking responsibility for what happened to the customer.
- How technology and automation factor into the customer experience.
- A compelling example of using hi-tech for the sake of hi-touch.
Click to Tweet
The #customer experience isn’t likely to exceed the #employee experience. @driventoexcel #business Click To Tweet
“Our customers didn't go to #Customer School. @driventoexcel #business Click To Tweet
It's ok to go hi-tech for the sake of hi-touch... but never at its expense. @driventoexcel Click To Tweet
- Customer Experience Quick Tips of the Day. You can also access it by texting CUSTOMERSERVICE (all one word) to 22828.
- 35 Customer Service Quotes
- Connect with Steve on Facebook
- Connect with Steve on LinkedIn
- Follow Steve on Twitter