Episode #11: Influential Ego
“Does Bob Burg Have an Ego?”
Of course he does. We all do. But, as you can already imagine Bob explaining, the ego—in and of itself—is neither good nor bad…it simply is.
As he says, “When we are in control of our ego we can direct it to do great things, for ourselves individually, as well as for society as a whole. It’s when the ego is in control of us that we get into trouble and big problems can occur, again both on an individual and societal level.
In this episode Bob took a look at various aspects of the ego and how we can best direct it positively and keep it from the harm it can potentially bring.
Among the topics Bob covered:
- Why a Billionaire business person and philosopher believes that “ego sensitivity” is at the root of most of the problems in the world today
- Why the concept of ego oftentimes gets a “bad rap” and at other times…not enough of a bad rap
- The relationship between ego and emotion
- The relationship between ego and anger
- The relationship between ego and Cognitive Dissonance & Confirmation Bias
- Two common (and extremely annoying) actions of an ego-based person (yes, Bob used to do both!) and why discontinuing BOTH of these are key to having more influence
- And more!
- Principles by Ray Dalio https://amzn.to/2tNbJqE
- Annie Duke interview on The Go-Giver Podcast http://bit.ly/2HarWvV
- Thinking in Bets by Annie Duke http://annieduke.com/annie-duke-books/
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Coleman https://amzn.to/2tNEzqV
- Adversaries into Allies by Bob Burg https://amzn.to/2tQtzsS
- The Go-Giver Influencer by Bob Burg and John David Mann https://amzn.to/2KNwcDg
- The Go-Giver Podcast https://www.thegogiver.com/podcast
- Go-Giver Entrepreneurs Academy Live Workshop https://gogiverentrepreneursacademy.com/
- The Go-Giver Influencers Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoGiverInfluencers/about/