Episode #14: Influential Educators
Dr. Amy Fast has been a teacher at the elementary level, instructional coach at the elementary and middle levels, and is now an assistant principal at McMinnville High School. She is author of “It’s the Mission, Not the Mandates,” and she’s an active commentator on social media about public education policy and practice.
Her big social media outlet is Twitter, where Bob’s been following her for awhile now and he just LOVES what she shares. Her Twitter handle is @FastCrayon.
Topics they discussed:
- The ultimate purpose/end goal of education.
- How to bring out the best, both in the teachers AND the students!
- The importance of teaching children “how” to think rather than “ what” to think.
- The best way to “build a ship” (This one piece of advice is priceless for school and for life!)
- The counter-productivity of measuring and rewarding outcomes that…really don’t matter!
- Dealing with bullying.
- It’s The Mission, Not The Mandates by Amy Fast: https://amzn.to/2Lo3Gfn
- Dr. Amy Fast on Twitter: @fastcrayon
- Dr. Amy’s blog, Fast Crayon Scribbles: https://fastcrayon.com/
- Bob’s blog post: Bullying And Kindness: Your Message to Your Children https://bit.ly/2Nvu2cO
- Go-Giver Influencers Facebook Membership Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoGiverInfluencers/about/
- The Go-Giver Entrepreneurs Academy: https://gogiverentrepreneursacademy.com/
- Go-Giver Certified Speaker Program: https://gogiverspeaker.com/
- The Go-Giver book: https://bit.ly/2F5nTzc
- The Go-Giver Influencer book: https://bit.ly/2Deo0Hc