As a business, as a human being, empathy and kindness just makes so much sense. It’s both the right way to be and it also happens to be the most profitable. We’ll look at that in our Thought of the Day. In the second segment, two practical takeaways from the amazing story shared about the value of empathy. That and more on today’s show.
Bob’s Thought of the Day
- My favorite customer experience story and the immense value of empathy.
- How the heart-based culture of Southwest Airlines not only allowed for this unique customer experience to occur, but actually encouraged it.
- The connection between Southwest Airlines’ immense value they bring to those they serve and the large profit they enjoy year after year.
- Why it is imperative to create the culture that allows people to focus on the actual issue, which is taking care of the customer.
- Why you must recruit people to join your team who will fit into this positive, solution-oriented, customer-pleasing culture.
Click to Tweet
#Empathy is not only the *right* way to be with your customers; it’s the most profitable way, as well. ~ @BobBurg on The Go-Giver Podcast Click To Tweet
Why @SouthwestAir *really* remains immensely #profitable year, after year, after year. ~ @BobBurg on The Go-Giver Podcast Click To Tweet
This amazing story re: @SouthwestAir could never have occurred without a corporate #culture that not only allowed for it, but actually encouraged it. ~ @BobBurg on The Go-Giver Podcast Click To Tweet
About the Book
The Go-Giver tells the story of an ambitious young man named Joe who yearns for success. Joe is a true go-getter, though sometimes he feels as if the harder and faster he works, the further away his goals seem to be. Joe learns that shifting his focus from getting to giving — constantly and consistently creating value for others — leads to exceptional returns.
Rapidly going from national bestseller to global phenomenon, The Go-Giver has gained a devoted following with over a million copies sold. It’s utilized as a resource in major corporations to small businesses, in schools and churches, in book clubs, and more. Nearly a decade since its original publication, this timeless story continues to help its readers find fulfillment and greater success in business, in their personal lives and in their communities.